Here is a list of the gear you will need to be comfortable and safe as we sail this season.
- Type 3 personal flotation device (PFD) in good condition, that fits well.
- Waterproof jacket
- Waterproof pants
- Fleece or wool hat
This gear needs to come to all regattas and practices.
Other stuff you may want to have:
- Sailing booties (you can use old sneakers and wool socks instead)
- Polypro inner layers
- Sailing gloves
- A waterproof watch is very helpful
- West Coast Sailing (This web-based retailer offers a 15% discount for registered high school team members, free shipping on most items, and no sales tax)
- Annapolis Performance Sailing (This web-based retailer offers a 15% discount for registered high school team members, and no sales tax)
- Fisheries Supply in Seattle at Lake Union (Refer to the Bainbridge High School Sailing Team corporate account for a discount of approximately 10%)
- West Marine in Seattle or Bremerton
- REI Seattle
Gear may be obtained from many sources:
There are a lot of sailors who outgrow stuff in the four years with the team and you may be able to hunt up some used gear. E-mail appeals to other BHS Sailing families have worked well in the past.